Sheriff Home

Inmate rules

1. Telephones are available in all housing units at the Jail.
2. Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded to prevent introduction of contraband and to prevent violations of law and/or jail inmate rules.
3. The telephones are for outgoing calls only; they will not accept incoming calls.
4. To add money to inmate account to make calls or to purchase commissary items, you can contact Telmate (the inmate telephone provider) at (866) 516-0115 (toll-free). You can add inmate funds anytime, day or night, from Telmate's website Money is posted instantly to the inmate's account for use.
5. Telmate customer service representatives are available 24/7 to help you send money or answer your telephone questions.
6. A citizen, upon request, may have his or her telephone number blocked from being called by the jail inmate telephone system. If you want your phone blocked, call (541) 523-8011.

The Baker County Jail regulates inmate mail to provide a safe, secure, and orderly treatment-based environment for inmates. Inmates may send and receive mail and receive approved publications consistent with Jail interests and accepted rehabilitation practices.
1. All inmates of the Baker County Jail will be allowed to send and receive mail that complies with U.S. Postal regulations and the rules governing the Baker County Jail.
2. No mail or notes may be left at the Jail for inmates: all such materials must be received through the U.S. Mail.
3. Inmates may not send, receive, transfer or possess materials in violation of the rules governing the Baker County Jail.
4. It is the inmate's responsibility to notify their family and friends about the mail rules and regulations.

Addressing Your Mail

All letters to inmates will be addressed in the following manner:
Baker County Jail
3410K Street
Baker City, Oregon. 907814

All incoming mail must have a return address:

Adobe Reader required Download Inmate Rules(PDF)

1 | 2     more...

Emergency Call: 911
Phone (541)523-6415
Fax (541)523-9219
3410 K Street Baker City, OR 97814

• Baker County Oregon. All rights reserved. Baker County operates under an EEO policy and complies with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act. Assistance is available for individuals with disabilities by calling 541-523-8200 (TTY: 541-523-8201). Read our Liability Statement.